About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Karen. I'm a compulsive shopper and hoarder of empty makeup boxes! I love creating outfits that suit my mood and personality. Fashion is something I feel we should define for ourselves because at the end of the day what's in is already out.

Sunday, March 24, 2013

TOMS For Extra Wide Feet!

Every teen knows about Toms. It's quite popular amongst young teens and young adults. As for myself I have always wanted a pair of classic red Toms. They're simple, comfortable, cute, and your purchase goes towards a great cause. But of course, there lies a dilemma! My feet are waaaaay to wide and trying on shoes thinking that the associate at nordstrom is gonna see me try to squeeze on a shoe that can't fit, is by far my worst nightmare!(Yes people, my confident self is in some ways self-conscious, it's one if those things that make us human!) I may not have an exact solution to my problem and possibly yours but I have an alternative. Toms has a line of slip ons that are the exact make as the classics but they're crochet! Now, I know what you're thinking.. crochet.. what the heck?! Trust me guys, or not, but see for yourself down below...

Toms Crochet $57.95 each - http://m.nordstrom.com/s/3147714/ 


Are they not just the cutest! I absolutely fell in love with these crochet version Toms. I just have to thank my coworker for wearing hers all the time or else I would have never known. Part of me is still disappointed that I can't fit the classic Toms but hey, since when was I ever Miss. Plain Jane? Haha. I'm completely satisfied with my pick of Creme and Black, although the lavender and coral colored ones are tempting. Maybe in the near future... Oh almost forgot! As for fit I suggest you go down half a size your normal shoe size for you wide feet ladies like myself but for the misses out there who have the average feet width, I'd probably go down a whole shoe size since these will definitely stretch in a couple wears. I purchased a size 9 1/2 because I believe its my true shoe size if my feet werent so wide but I do wear anything from 9-11 depending on the style and the shoe company but mainly size 10 if I had to choose. My 9 1/2 Toms fit perfect for the first wear but through out the day I felt it give a little (scale from 1-10, I'd say solid 6). Therefore, I advise that you guys go for a size or half smaller when purchasing. Well guys I hope this helped out a bit if not stay tuned for next time. I want to start posting my outfit of the days to show you curvy girls how I dress and what works for my body type or just posting in general. Until next time, stay smiling!;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment