About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Karen. I'm a compulsive shopper and hoarder of empty makeup boxes! I love creating outfits that suit my mood and personality. Fashion is something I feel we should define for ourselves because at the end of the day what's in is already out.

Sunday, March 31, 2013

DRUGSTORE: Milani lipsticks

     I haven't quite got the hang of blogging just yet. I love purchasing clothes, cosmetics, and miscellaneous items that I thought I'd share my opinions and just everything with everyone a part of the Internet community. It's proven hard to set aside time to post reviews about products I have during my weekdays then weekends come and all I want to do is sleep. Am I wrong?! Haha;) Thanks for bearing with me though. Today I decided I'd finally post 'something' about my Milani lipsticks I purchased from Target a month ago. 

Milani Cosmetics is that line of cosmetics that I always seem to stare at for minutes in the drugstore to just turn around and pick something else up. I don't know why I do it but I do. Weird because I love their liquid eye liner and their polishes. This time though, I finally decided to pick up some lipsticks. I love their gold packaging. It's plastic and cheap like any other cosmetic brand at the drugstore but I just like the look. Plus, I give it another star for having a clear exposed bottom to show what the lip color is intended to be and they actually match the swatches, yay! The downside to their packaging is that your fingerprint will imprint but I don't really fuss about things like that too much.

(Sorry for the bad lighting and
Rimmel Nude Delight decided to sneak in on my Milani purchase)


     Onto the texture. Milani has different textures and finishes to their whole slew of lipstick colors such as vinyl, cream, frosted, matte, etc. I believe that mine are cream finishes because they have a very silky and creamy application. I haven't worn these lipsticks all day but honestly I don't have to to know that they will come off after an hour of two. The texture gives it off. If you like to continuously apply your lipstick through out the day or fine with doing so this is a product to consider but if you want something you don't have to worry about skip this one. A huge downfall to these lipsticks is that they have an extremely obnoxious smell to it. It smells quite fruity like starburst or something. I can't quite put my hand on it at the moment but if you are sensitive to smells beware. Another thing is that this lipstick leaves no color stain so taking it off will be effortless. Honestly, I like lipsticks that stain because it leaves a natural tinted look on  my lips after I eat it all off, haha.

Purchased from Target, $5.49 each

     The Milani lipsticks are ok but they're nothing new. It contains colors that are pretty generic to any other lip line at the drugstore. If you're an avid fan of Milani cosmetics then why not continue with your collection, if not, then, I'd rather choose Revlon or Rimmel lipsticks.










No comments:

Post a Comment